Friday, March 27, 2009

Zanzibar Trip

Our Zanzibar trip started off with a few rocky patches, but ended up being a very nice holiday.

Once we got new flight through Kenya Airlines (after Air Tanzania got grounded) we finally made it to Zanzibar. Zanzibar is a beautiful island. I likes the Eastern and Northern coast the most, but one must definitely visit Stone Town as well.

For me this was supposed to be a budget holiday and ended up being way more expensive than we had budgeted for. Most of our friends who have been there about 3yrs ago say it was very cheap when they were there. They could pay about $4.5 for a whole platter of seafood, whereas we would have paid about $20 for a decent platter. Taxi’s are very expensive and I would suggest you taking the local transport (if you want to budget). Accommodation was good, but no budget accommodation was really found. Anyways – enough of the costs :)

We really liked it. I loved the different sceneries in Stone Town. The tortoises on Prison Island. The relaxation in the East. The palm trees. The long beaches. The boats. Walking in the shallow waters while it rained. Swimming with dolphins. Chilling with my wife and family. Kendwa Rock. Even the cramped taxi ride with the locals :)

I think my most memorial time was swimming with the dolphins!! And sitting in the shallow waters in the rain the one day.

If you have the money to go to Zanzi – I would say have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment