Monday, March 30, 2009

Paarl, Franschoek, Hermanus

For our two year wedding anniversary my wife and I went to three towns (Paarl, Franschoek and Hermanus). I really like Hermanus and Franschoek a lot. The nicest thing about this is that my wife was so cool to organize complimentary accommodation, breakfast and some complimentary lunches and dinners. (As we are on budget for our 2 year South East Asia plan).

First we went to Paarl.

Above you can see a few pics from the place we stayed in in Paarl. (I should have added more pics of Paarl actually :-) )

Next we went for two nights in Franshoek.

Franschoek is really a beautiful little town. It has lots of character and is definitely a place where you can kick back and relax. We stayed in two different places here. The place where we had lunch we saw one of Brittan’s Queens’ first cousin :) (Think it was Queen Elizabeth’s 1st cousin). We ate well, slept well, relaxed a LOT. I enjoyed the food, beds, scenery, company.

Next it was off to Hermanus.

Hermanus is a very beautiful town. Not much to do but relax and take in the beauty of nature. We stayed in two nice places and ate great food. I enjoyed the walk next to the rocks and ocean the most.

Well – back to planning for what is to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment